Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

   Happy New Year to everyone! We had a very fun night with friends. It was a great way to start the new year with lots of laughter! We are so fortunate to have the friends we do, both out here, in La Crosse and in Milwaukee. We are very blessed by all of you!!

   I can't wait for 2011. This year will, I'm sure, just like others bring its share of challenges! But, I can't help put be hopeful that this is the year we will meet Thomas Baby #3 from Ethiopia!! That is going to be one amazing journey. I daydream about that first meeting with our little baby for the first time. And I really can't imagine the heartbreak it will be to leave him or her there, half way around the world, until we return in 8-12 weeks. Oh that will be soooo hard. But then to return and bring our new baby home --- ahhhhh! I can't wait!! I've been reading a book about the struggles of bringing a baby to his/her new home - after they are used to being in an orphanage, half way around the world. I'm sure it will be a difficult transition for everyone, but it will be awesome. Isn't that what life is about anyway? Everything on this earth is temporary and always changing,  so... :)  I just am really excited about it all.

   I hope, for everyone reading this, health and happiness in the New Year! Welcome to 2011!!


No comments: