Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hmmmm

I realized that I haven't posted in a while and don't have much to say.

We just finished up with our small group from church and I WILL say that we have THE BEST small group. It is super how much we can share in life together. I love it. When people miss a week - they are so truly missed by the other members and it just makes me giddy how much I love my small group. It's awesome!

Other than that, not much to report. A bit bogged down by the holiday stress -- presents, wrapping, money, uncertainty of if we will make it through the snow to Milwaukee or not... blah blah but it will be a wonderful holiday either way, so... Don't worry about it, right?

We are getting close to paying for and thus moving forward with our home study. This makes me super excited because, well, it's a HUGE step. And, then we can apply for (and hopefully receive) grant money. That will be really exciting. Plus, that's like getting through the first tri-mester of pregnancy. Some of you aren't going to enjoy these comparisons, but I do. :) So, there you go -- those of you who have had a biological child and adopted -- did you find lots of parallels between pregnancy and adoption?

1 comment:

Jaden Thomas said...

I totally feel the "expecting" dynamic in adoption. It is pretty much exactly like when we knew you were pregnant with the kids! I could have told you this while you were laying next to me right now....but I just wanted to be cool and post my comment on your blog!