Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (a Few Days Late)

Well, I was so ready to 'blog' on Thanksgiving, and well, I didn't. So, just pretend it's still Thursday. We had a great Thanksgiving. My mom came up and I made a huge feast on Thursday. The traditional Thanksgiving meal is my favorite -- so I go all out (though I recognize this is not the first time you've probably heard that from someone). :) Anyway, my mom stayed with us all the way until Sunday, so that was great to have some time with her and have her around to help occupy the kids for a bit.



I do have so much to be thankful for... First of all that I love Jesus and I know he loves me too! :) I have a wonderful, hard working and thoughtful husband who purposefully serves me and his children in a way most husbands don't. I have two amazing kids who I nearly lost, and mean the world to me that I get to stay home with during the day and kiss every ouchie, wipe every snotty nose, yell at during meltdowns, make meals for, etc. All of this keeps me thankful and happy!! I have what a lot of women dream of. For sure.



Yet, of course, I'm only human... I'm always thinking of how things could be better. We could have more in savings. I could go on a diet (and I mean a real one - and really try to stick to it). We could have this awesome train set under our tree that lights up and plays Christmas music (check-- thanks, grandma!). The $30,000 we need for this adoption could magically appear in our adoption account and we could proceed forward tomorrow. Yes, yes. We can always find things we want and would make our lives better. :( I must realize that everything comes with time. Carissa is only 1, so this money will come in His time, when he has us all prepped and ready for this new baby to enter our world.



I read a blog last night of a family who adopted a little boy from Ethiopia and, even though he was only maybe 7-8 months at the time, he would wake up crying some times at night and she'd hold him and he'd cry and it was all part of an adjustment and being removed from his home, his family, his country, his smells, his everything he'd ever known. I got teary eyed reading about it and thought about how I will handle this. And realized, if it came down to it, man, my heart would break. I'm sure I'd handle it just fine and I'd love him and hold him and, well, do my best! But it made me realize that God is totally preparing us. During this time of saving money/earning money for the adoption, He is working at us. Preparing us to grow by one who is already a part of our hearts and will soon be part of our home. Can't wait -- but I guess I can, and better get used to it! :)

Anyway, this season, I'm going to work on listening to Him, working with Him in preparation and doing my best to educate myself and brainstorm how I'll handle this, and put others first so I'm not so selfish in what I want or how things could be better. :)

That was a lot of randomness!!! :) Sorry.

No comments: