Thursday, November 8, 2012

Amazed

As I sit writing this, I am just amazed. I am amazed at God's perfect timing. One minute, I'm sitting in despair, feeling like I need to be 3 places at once and not able to comprehend a way to make it to any of them. That very moment, someone comes to my door to drop off a meal - simple enough - but then offers to take my kids as long as necessary for me to get to the most important place I need to be at the time and also relieve me of the stress of being those other two places.

I stress about not being able to make it to our fingerprinting appointment because my husband is in the hospital and we get a new appointment date that is far enough in the future that I can rest easy in knowing he might even be able to pass through the metal detectors on our way through security for the appointment without crutches. PREFECT timing.

I am crying on my way to work, wondering how I am going to be able to keep this going with a husband and a mother that can't walk or be on their feet for any significant length of time. Just a few days later, I am offered a position that provides the flexibility for me to work from home frequently, spend WAY less on gas money, and be able to help my family out as needed for the next several months.

We look at my husband's foot on Sunday and just cry out to God in prayer that night for healing. Bandage comes off Wednesday and even the doctors are AMAZED at how much better it is looking.

God's timing and provision is SO amazing to me tonight. I am humbled. I am grateful. I am moved. I am blessed.

2 comments:

Mike said...

That's beautiful. Such an awesome God we serve. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless you all!!!

Annie said...

I'm so thankful! We have been praying for you as well! Keep any prayer requests coming. :)