Friday, June 22, 2012

Home Study Updated

Our new social worker (still with Lutheran Social Services, but this part of the state) came out the other day to do our updated home study at our new house. It went well. Each of the kids just blurted out, "Mom, I love you." to me about 3 times each while she was here -- and I didn't even have to pay them!! :) And Drew pulled his little sister around the family room by her ankle (seriously, this was a first) in front of her. But, I'm pretty sure we passed none the less!! :) Jaden and I had the chance to once again explain the reason we decided to adopt and the reason we decided to adopt from Ethiopia. As I told our social worker, I have seen many people, over the past 20 months since our application was approved, decide to adopt from a different country instead of Ethiopia. But, we have just become so attached to Ethiopia - I just can't imagine switching. There is no doubt I think about our next baby and Ethiopia many, many times a day. Anyway, it got us excited all over again. She has no insight into what the time table may be for us, but she did say this happens with international adoption. They aren't lying when they say it isn't for the faint of heart. A friend of ours who have been waiting about 17 months knows another couple that just got a referral after waiting about 17 months. We have been waiting 14 months as of July 6th. At least we are (hopefully) on the tail end of the waiting! Anyway, just a quick update. :)

No comments: