Saturday, January 25, 2014

Immigration Paper Work -- Check!

Well, our agency received our immigration paperwork this afternoon! This is a HUGE step for us returning to Ethiopia to bring home our girl. Once our agency looks it over to be certain I filled it out correctly (I pray so - it took hours) they send it off to Ethiopia. Then we are submitted to the embassy. This part will probably take about 2-3 weeks. Once we are submitted to embassy, the US Embassy in Ethiopia reviews and investigates our case. Once that is complete, we will be free to go and pick up our girl and bring her home to her forever family!! In looking at other people who have been through this last part of the process in the recent months, it looks like it is taking cases and average of about 6 weeks to clear embassy. That means, we could be traveling back to Ethiopia in about 2 months!! I am so excited, I can hardly see straight! I understand and support the embassy doing their due diligence in this process, I am just praying that it goes by super quick so that we can get our girl home and start loving on her and bonding with her and all that great stuff that I've been looking so forward to for over three years now!! 

So, next we will hear is that we have been submitted to embassy. When we do - I'll let you all know!!

No comments: