As of March 6th, we will be on the wait list for 22 months (in process for 28 months)! The rumor is that we should anticipate a referral within the next few months! We are so excited. Hopefully, by the end of summer, our newest addition to the family will be home adding to the excitement of life in the Thomas house!
As far as finances, now we are just saving up for our travel expenses. The estimated total travel expenses (according to our adoption agency) is $5000-$8000 per trip. So, we are needing to get that money together pretty soon. Lots of friends and family have been asking how they can help recently, as everyone is aware we are getting closer!! We do have a few fundraisers that are on-going and one NEW one…
Ordinary Hero: This is a non-profit organization that does mission trips and promotes orphan awareness. They have some awesome products for sale and we receive 40% of items purchased online. Check them out! They have lots of products for both men and women (some adoption-themed, some not). Shop here: http://www.ordinaryhero.org/Ordinary_Hero/Store/Store.html. Just make sure you click on 'Thomas, Jennifer' as the fundraising affiliate from the drop-down during checkout.
Just Love Coffee: $5.00 to us for each bag of coffee sold www.justlovecoffee.com/TheThomas. The coffee is DELICIOUS!!
Adoption Bug T-Shirt Fundraiser: You can order t-shirts from this site: www.adoptionbug.com/thomasadoption. You can order and pay on-line and the t-shirt(s) will be shipped directly to you. We make anywhere from $5-$10 (depending on the t-shirt) per shirt sold toward our adoption. Check it out! They have some cool, high-quality shirts for sale!
TAX DEDUCTABLE GIVING: Lifesong for Orphans: Make a tax deductable donation. They will accept donations in our name up until we travel to bring home our child. Make checks payable to ‘Lifesong for Orphans’. In memo section: ‘THOMAS #1855 ADOPTION’. Send to Lifesong for Orphans PO Box 40 Gridley, IL 61744.
- First and foremost for our future baby – who is probably born by now. For his or her health and development in these first few months of life (see page 2 of this letter).
- For our future baby’s biological parent(s). In some way and for some reason, this baby will have to be relinquished for adoption. That has got to be THE most difficult and selfless decision someone can make. We ask for prayers for their hearts.
- Finances to continue to come through and successful fundraisers.
- Patience and faith for both of us in this process.
- Jaden working on recording his first album (all proceeds earned to go toward the adoption). He is working hard. He is putting the finishing touches on the CD – so that he can press on and finish up with God’s perfect timing.
Thank you all so much! We are very blessed by each of you!
The Thomas Family